Construction and Demolition Requirements

Get started on a construction project

Start by applying for a Preliminary Application Review (PAR) via the Seattle Department of Construction & Inspection (SDCI) Seattle Services Portal.

The Project Portal connects you with reviewers from SDCI, Seattle Public Utilities (SPU), Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT), and Seattle City Light (SCL) to understand requirements for proposed development projects, including mainline extensions, right-of-way improvements, and latecomer agreements.

Look up an SDOT Street Use Permit

Apply for or check on the status of a street use permit.

Construction site dewatering

Most construction site dewatering is reviewed and permitted during the building permit review process at Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections (SDCI). For more information: