Nightlife Complaints and Compliments

What is nightlife noise? Nightlife noise is electronically increased (amplified) noise originating from non-residential property.  Amplified sound is any sound that is made louder through a human-made device. Sound systems, speakers and drums are all amplified sound.  The most common type of amplified noise complaint is loud music coming from a nightclub or restaurant after 10 p.m.

Tip sheet 5502- Seattle Nightlife Noise Ordinance

Other types of noise complaints For residential noise, fireworks or motor vehicle noise, call the Seattle Police Department non-emergency line at (206) 625-5011. Examples include house party, car loud muffler.

For construction-related noise, call the Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections (SDCI) violation complaint line at (206) 615-0808 or use the Seattle Services Portal to submit a building and property complaint that is not time-sensitive. Examples include, HVAC noise, heavy machinery, construction work noise, loading dock noise.

For excessive animal noise, call the Seattle Animal Shelter at (206) 386-7387 or complete the shelter's service request form.

For low-flying aircraft noise, the Federal Aviation Administration regulates low-flying aircraft like the Blue Angels or noise from hovering traffic and news helicopters. To file a complaint or for more information, contact:

Use the button below to file a complaint regarding excessive nightlife amplified noise that happens between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.

File a complaint or compliment related to amplified nightlife noise